1. India visit further strengthened friendly relations between both countries: Nepal PM
Prime Minister of Nepal K. P. Sharma Oli has said that his India visit has further strengthened friendly relations between both the countries. Talking to media persons at Tribhuvan international airport in Kathmandu after returning from 3 day visit to India on Sunday, Oli said that discussion with Indian leaders was cordial and positive.
- The two countries also agreed to develop inland waterways and construct a rail line from Raxaul in India to Kathmandu in Nepal.
India and Equatorial Guinea sign four agreements
India and Equatorial Guinea signed four agreements including in the field of health. The agreements were signed following delegation level talks. President Kovind had one on one talks with his Equatorial Guinea counterpart. India will assist Equatorial Guinea in agriculture, mining, health,telecommunications and IT.
- President : Teodoro Obiang Nguema Mbasogo
- Capital: Malabo
- Currency: Franc
UAE, Malaysia conclude joint military exercise
The United Arab Emirates (UAE) and Malaysia concluded “Desert Tiger 5” joint military exercise aimed at sharing expertise and enhancing joint military actions.
- The drill was also aimed at raising the level of performance and combat efficiency and working together based on a strategy to improve the overall ability and combat readiness of the ground forces.
TN govt launches mobile app for farmers
In a bid to use technology for farmers’ benefit, the Tamil Nadu Government has come out with a mobile application that will allow ryots to have access to nine types of services, including details about their crop insurance.
- Chief Minister K Palaniswami has launched the bi-lingual ‘Uzhavan’ (farmer) app.
- The app can be used by farmers to get information on farm subsidies, book farm equipment and related infrastructure and get details on their crop insurance, besides receiving weather forecast for the next four days.
Ganga Hariteema Yojana launched in 27 districts of Uttar Pradesh
The Uttar Pradesh Government launched the Ganga Hariteema Yojana, also known as Ganga Greenery scheme in the 27 districts of Uttar Pradesh that are located on the bank of river Ganga.
- Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath launched the scheme at Allahabad in a function organised on the bank of Sangam, the confluence of rivers of Ganga, Yamuna and mythical Saraswati.
- Under the scheme, plantation will be carried out in one-kilometre areas from the banks of river.
- Common people will also be encouraged for plantation on their private lands under ‘One Person One Tree’ slogan.
Assam’s Spring Festival begins in Manas National Park
The two-day Assam Spring Festival began at the Manas National Park where visitors will get to experience the state’s local food, music, handloom and handicrafts.
- The National park which is also a tiger and rhino reserve covers five districts of Assam — Kokrajhar, Baksa, Chirang, Udalguri and Barpeta.
CWG 2018: India’s women’s TT team clinches maiden Gold
- Singles star Manika Batra won two matches as India’s women’s table tennis team upset favourites Singapore to clinch its maiden Gold medal at the 21st Commonwealth Games at Gold Coast on Sunday.