India ranks 37th in global startup ecosystem in 2017: Report
India ranked 37th in the global startup ecosystem in 2017, according to a report released by global startup ecosystem map Start up blink.
- The list, measuring startup ecosystem strength and activity, was topped by the United States followed by the United Kingdom.
Indo-Kyrgyzstan joint training exercise KHANJAR-V concludes
The fifth Indo-Kyrgyzstan Joint Training Exercise KHANJAR-V culminated on 29 March, after a joint tactical validation exercise and a closing ceremony held at Counter Insurgency Jungle Warfare School.
- Two week of joint training that commenced on 16 March included understanding tactics of platoon level, developing inter operability and sharing of best practices.
NIRF India Rankings 2018’ for Higher Education Institutions
The Union Minister of Human Resource Development, Shri Prakash Javadekar, released the NIRF India Rankings 2018 in various categories on the basis of performance of Higher Educational Institutions in a programme held in New Delhi.
- Minister of State Human Resource Development, Dr. Satya Pal Singh released the report on the NIRF Rankings during the event. 69 top institutions in 9 categories were given awards at today’s event.
- In this third edition of India Rankings, a total of 2809 institutions have participated in 9 categories.
Given below is the list of winners in various categories:
- Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru in overall category
- Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad in management category.
- Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru in overall in university category
- Miranda House, Delhi in college category
- National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, Mohali in pharmacy category
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi in medical category
- Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur in architecture category
- National Law School of India University, Bengaluru in law category
- Indian Institute of Technology Madras in engineering category
India to be partner country for Ambiente 2019
India will be the partner country for International Frankfurt Trade Fair, Ambiente 2019 to be held during February 8-12, 2019.
- This was announced by Messe Frankfurt at a festive ceremony on the penultimate day of Ambiente 2018.