Andhra CM inaugurates International Yachting Festival
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu flagged off the International Yachting Festival in Visakhapatnam.
- The festival, which is being held from March 29 to April 1, was inaugurated in the presence of IT minister Nara Lokesh, HRD minister Ganta Srinivasarao and other local MLAs.
- This International Yachting Festival is the first step in developing sea tourism in Visakhapatnam.
MP to raise retirement age for govt employees to 62 years
Madhya Pradesh chief minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan has announced raising the retirement age of state government employees to 62 years from the current 60 years.
- He however did not disclose details of this decision. There are about five lakh regular government employees in the state.
- The state government had made a provision for reservation for SC/ST employees in promotion, which was set aside by the Madhya Pradesh High Court.
Madhya Pradesh’s Kadaknath chicken gets Geographical Indication tag
Kadaknath, a chicken breed whose black meat is in demand in Madhya Pradesh has got the coveted Geographical Indications (GI) tag label.
- The protein-rich meat of Kadaknath, chicks and eggs are sold at a much higher rate than other varieties of chicken.
- Chennai-based GI Registry accepted the application of Gramik Vikas Trust, Jhabua, which was filed in 2012.
Shri Prakash Javadekar launches the Grand Finale of the Smart India Hackathon 2018
The Minister for Human Resource Development, Shri Prakash Javadekar launched in New Delhi the world’s largest event is its kind- the two day grand finale of Smart India Hackathon 2018 (Software Edition) being held at 28 nodal centres across the country simultaneously.
- Addressing the participating students at New Delhi Institute of Management (NDIM in New Delhi), Shri Javadekar said that more than 1 lakh students of more than 1200 colleges are participating in this second edition of the Smart India Hackathon 2018, which is a record.
- He said that more than 8000 students at 28 different centres will work on their final innovations for the next 36 hours.
- These students will codify their innovations in a group of six, on which they are working hard since last 4 months.