Cabinet approves re-structuring of NSDF and NSDC
The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has given its approval for restructuring of National Skill Development Fund (NSDF) and National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) to strengthen governance, implementation and monitoring framework.
- The restructuring will also ensure better corporate governance, transparency and accountability in operations of NSDC besides strengthening the oversight role of NSDF.
- The approval would lead to restructuring of composition of Board of NSDF and the NSDC to strengthen governance, implementation and monitoring.
Cabinet approves certain official amendments to the National Medical Commission (NMC) Bill
The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved certain official amendments to the National Medical Commission (NMC) Bill.
- The Amendment to the NMC Bill comes in the backdrop of its consideration in the Lok Sabha on 02.01.2018 and subsequently being referred to the Department Related Parliamentary Standing Committee (DRPSC).
- The Government has considered the recommendations made by the Standing Committee in its report tabled in the House on 20.03.2018 and general feedback, particularly the views of medical students and practitioners regarding certain provisions of the Bill.
Cabinet approves formulation of a new Integrated Scheme for School Education from 1st April, 2018
The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs, chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved the proposal of Department of School Education and Literacy to formulate a Integrated Scheme on School Education by subsuming Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan (SSA), Rashtriya Madhyamik Shiksha Abhiyan (RMSA) and Teacher Education (TE) from 1st April, 2018 to 31st March, 2020.
- An estimated allocation of Rs 75,000 crore over the period has been approved which is a 20% increase over the current allocations.
- The scheme comes in the backdrop of PM’s vision of SabkoShiksha, AchhiShiksha and aims to support the States in universalizing access to school education from classes pre-nursery to XII across the country.
Harsimrat Kaur Badal to inaugurate Rajasthan’s first mega food park in Ajmer
Union Food Processing Industries Minister Smt. Harsimrat Kaur Badal will inaugurate the first mega food park at Roopangarh Village in Ajmer, Rajasthan.
- The Food Park is being set up at a cost of Rs 113.57 crore and will benefit around 25,000 farmers in Ajmer as well as neighbouring districts.
- The facilies being created at Central Processing Centre (CPC) of this Mega Food Park include Cold Storage of 5,000 MT, Deep Freeze of 2,550 MT, IQF of 2 MT/Hr., Dry Warehouse for Raw Materials 2,500 MT + Dry Warehouse for Finished Goods of 5,000 MT, Silos of 6,500 MT, Pack House of 10 MT/Hr, Steam Generator of 8 MT/Hr and other related food processing facilities.
- The mega food park would leverage an additional investment of about Rs. 250 crore in 25-30 food processing units in the park and would eventually lead to a turnover of about Rs. 450-500 crore annually.
First National Conclave on Psychological Trauma, Child Protection, and Mental Illnesses
With an aim to provide a comprehensive synthesis of research, service provision, and clinical practice in addressing psychological trauma and subsequent mental illnesses in Indian children and adolescents, First ever National conclave was held on 27-28th March,2018 by the Ministry of Women & Child Development, in collaboration with the Dept. of Psychiatry, AIIMS in JLN Auditorium, AIIMS, New Delhi.
- The Conclave was inaugurated by Hon’ble Minister of State for Women and Child Development, Dr. Virendra Kumar.
- In his inaugural address, the Minister said that psychological trauma is a broad term that may include many kinds of experiences and circumstances such as human trafficking, sexual harassment, war, natural disaster, abduction, domestic violence etc.
Rashtrapati Bhavan Harvests Its First Crop of Honey From KVIC’s Apiary
The apiary of Rashtrapati Bhavan has started giving the yields; on Tuesday, from the gardens of the Presidential House around 186 kilograms of honey was extracted.
- Rashtrapati Bhavan has abundant flora and fauna, including lush trees of mangoes, Indian blackberries (jamun), neem and drumsticks.
- KVIC Chairman Mr Saxena said that he is feeling proud that Prime Minister’s ‘Sweet Revolution’ in Delhi and NCR is starting from the house of First Citizen of the Nation.
- The apiary in the Rashtrapati Bhavan garden was set up under Honey Mission of KVIC.
Cricket Australia bans Steve Smith, David Warner for 12 months
Cricket Australia (CA) has banned Australian captain Steve Smith and vice-captain David Warner for 12 months and handed a nine-month ban to Cameron Bancroft.
- Warner and Smith have also been banned from captaining Australia for two years.
- These players have been charged for deliberately ttrying to tamper with the condition of the ball in an orchestrated attempt to gain an advantage.