World Theatre Day: 27 March
World Theatre Day was initiated in 1961 by the International Theatre Institute (ITI).
- It is celebrated annually on the 27th March by ITI Centres and the international theatre community.
- The first World Theatre Day International Message was written by Jean Cocteau (France) in 1962.
Department of Posts launches Cool EMS Service between India and Japan
Ministry of Communications has launched the Cool EMS Service which will come into force from 29.03.2018.
- Cool EMS service is one-way service from Japan to India which allows customers in India to import Japanese food items for personal use which is allowed under Indian regulations.
- Initially, Cool EMS Service will be available in Delhi only.
- Food items will be carried by Japan Post in special cool boxes containing refrigerant to preserve the quality of the food items and addressee will collect them from Foreign Post office, Kotla Road, New Delhi in-person or through a messenger in the prescribed time frame.
IM-PDS approved for implementation during 2018-19 and 2019-20
A new central sector scheme namely “Integrated Management of Public Distribution System (IM-PDS)” has been approved for implementation during 2018-19 and 2019-20.
- The key objectives of the scheme are to integrate PDS system/portals of States/UTs with Central System/portals, introduction of National Portability, and de-duplication of ration cards/beneficiary, etc.
Setting up of National Academic Depository (NAD) for Digitalization of School Records
Government has setup National Academic Depository (NAD) which is a 24×7 online store house of academic awards digitally lodged by various academic institutions/school boards/eligibility assessment bodies.
- The University Grants Commission (UGC) has been designated as authorized body to operationalise NAD.
Deadline To Link PAN With Aadhaar Extended To June 30
The CBDT has extended the deadline for the PAN-Aadhaar linking to June 30. The policy-making body of the tax department issued an order extending the deadline from the current last date of March 31.
- The order said the deadline for PAN-Aadhaar linking for filing I-T returns is being extended after “consideration of the matter”.
3,21,567 Affordable Houses sanctioned for Urban Poor under PMAY(Urban)
Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs has approved the construction of 3,21,567 more affordable houses for the benefit of urban poor under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Urban) with an investment of Rs. 18,203 cr with central assistance of Rs. 4,752 cr. T
- The approval was given in the 32nd meeting of the Central Sanctioning and Monitoring Committee.
- The projects were sanctioned across 523 cities in the states of Haryana, West Bengal, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, Gujarat, Mizoram, Karnataka, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Bihar, Kerala, Himachal Pradesh, Punjab & Goa.
- With the above proposed houses, cumulative houses under PMAY(U) would become 42,45,792 after final approval from CSMC.
- Further after subsuming projects of RAY scheme the total number of houses being funded under PMAY(Urban) would be 43,87,640 houses.
MP has the highest number of tribal habitations fully covered by Drinking Water supply
The Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation has informed that under the Scheme ‘National Rural Drinking Water Programme (NRDWP), 10% of the total allocation of funds is earmarked to be used for the supply of drinking water to Scheduled Tribe (ST) dominated habitations.
- Madhya Pradesh has the highest number of 55770 fully covered tribal habitations with the safe drinking water in the country followed by Odisha 52427 ,Jharkhand 53476 numbers of habitations.