India Is Now The 4th Largest Automobile Market Globally
According to the latest 2018 global data show, India has overtaken Germany and has become the fourth largest automobile market in the world.
- As the statistics show, the automobile sales grew by 9.5 percent, which, is the fastest growth rate among major global markets.
- China is the largest Auto Market globally.
India ranks 109th globally in mobile download speeds
India, the largest consumer of mobile data in the world, ranks 109th when it comes to mobile Internet download speeds.
- The average download speed over the mobile increased to 9.01 mbps in February from the 8.80 mbps in November last year, but the country’s rank continued to stay at 109th, Ookla’s Speedtest index said.
- Norway is positioned at the top with an average download speed of 62.07 mbps.
- India however, fared better on the fixed broadband front, according to Ookla, with its rank improving to 67.
- Singapore leads in the fixed broadband front, with a download speed of 161.53 mbps.
India is the third largest electricity producer
Now India is the third largest electricity producer ahead of Russia Japan.
- India’s electricity production grew 34% over seven years to 2017, and the country now produces more energy than Japan and Russia, which had 27% and 8.77% more electricity generation capacity installed, respectively, than India seven years ago.
- With a production of 1,423 billion units in FY 2016, India is the third largest producer and the third largest consumer of electricity in the world, behind China (6,015 billion units) and the United States (4,327 billion units).
11th Rashtriya Rifles biennial conference at Nagrota on 26-27 March 2018
The eleventh Rashtriya Rifles Biennial Conference is being conducted at Nagrota from 26 to 27 March 18.
- The event chaired by Chief of the Army Staff has been attended by Army Commander Northern Command, Director General Rashtriya Rifles, Corps Commander 15 and 16 Corps and all General Officers Commanding Counter Insurgency Forces.
- The Rashtriya Rifles has assisted the locals from inaccessible and far flung areas of the state by providing assistance in diverse fields and has given an impetus to development, growth, education, women empowerment, skill development and communal harmony through its multifarious enabling civil action programs.
ISA and India sign the Host Country Agreement
The International Solar Alliance (ISA) and the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA), signed the Host Country Agreement.
- The Agreement will give ISA a juridical personality and gives it power to contract, to acquire and dispose off movable and immovable properties, to institute and defend legal proceedings.
- Under this agreement, ISA shall enjoy such privileges, applicable tax concessions and immunities as are necessary for ISA’s Headquarter to independently discharge its function and programmes.
- ISA shall be deriving its status, privileges and immunities as per Article 10 of Framework Agreement.
Surat first district to have 100% solar powered health centres
Surat has become the first district in the country to have 100 percent solar powered Primary Health Centers (PHC).
- There are a total of 52 PHCs in the district and all of them are now powered by solar system.
- This initiative will not only bring down the electricity bill by 40 percent but also help fight global warming.
‘National Conference on Down Syndrome’ held
A’ National Conference on Down Syndrome’ was organised by the National Trust under Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment in New Delhi.
- Dr. Kamlesh Kumar Pandey, Chairman, National Trust inaugurated it in the presence of Shri Mukesh Jain, JS & CEO, National Trust, Dr. Surekha Ramachandran, Chairperson, Down Syndrome Federation of India and various stakeholders associated with Down Syndrome.
- A book entitled “Twilights Children” based on the lives of person suffering from Down Syndrome was released on the occasion.
- The conference brought intellectuals from all walks of life on one platform to spur ideas and channelized knowledge on Down Syndrome which was very beneficial to enable a positive change in the people with Down Syndrome.
- People with Down Syndrome and their parents were invited to share their inspirational stories.
Tribal Affairs Minister, Shri Jual Oram to launch “E-Tribes India” in New Delhi
The Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India, (TRIFED), under the Ministry of Tribal Affairs, is going Digital as per the vision document of the Ministry of Tribal Affairs, Government of India.
- The “e-Tribes India” would be launched by the Union Tribal Affairs Minister, Shri Jual Oram.
- The Minister of State for Tribal Affairs, Shri Jaswantsinh Sumanbhai Bhabhor and the Minister of State for Tribal Affairs, Shri Sudarshan Bhagat will also grace the occasion.
- The Launch of e-Tribes, TRIFED’s websites includes http://www.tribesindia.com, http://www.trifed.in and Retail Inventory Software and M-commerce app.
- Besides, the occasion will also mark the launch of ‘Tribes India’ Banners at Amazon, Snapdeal, Paytm & GeM. TRIFED’s Handbook for Retail Trade and TRIFED’s quarterly magazine ‘Tribes Haat’ will also be inaugurated.