Andhra Govt launches Naipunya Ratham
The Andhra Pradesh Government launched, NAIPUNYA RATHAM, a multi-utility vehicle which aims to bring technology to the remote corners.
- Chief Minister N.Chandrababu Naidu announced that the Government will roll out 12 more Naipunya Rathams by May this year.
- Naipunya Rathaams will facilitate and look to improve digital literacy, digital skills and create an awareness on various government schemes.
Navy warship INS Ganga decommissioned in Mumbai
INS Ganga, an indigenously built frigate of the Indian Navy, was decommissioned in Mumbai after over three decades of service.
- Commissioned on December 30, 1985, the ship represented a big step forward in the nation’s warship building capability.
- The ceremony was attended by several officers and men, many now retired, who had served on board the ship.
Ambedkar Jayanti to be celebrated as ‘Social Justice Day’
The birth anniversary of India’s Dalit social reformer Dr BR Ambedkar will be celebrated as ‘Social Justice Day’.
- Born into a poor Dalit family, on 14 April 1891, Ambedkar became independent India’s first law minister, the principal architect of the Constitution of India.
- Ambedkar was awarded the Bharat Ratna posthumously in 1990.
All India Police Science Congress kicks off in Himachal
The two-day 46th All India Police Science Congress organised by the Himachal Pradesh Police Department and The Bureau of Police Research and Development began in Himachal Pradesh.
- It began with a clarion call to the police by Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur to stay ahead of criminals by using technology to prevent and detect crime.
Sindhu to be India’s flagbearer in Gold Coast CWG
Star shuttler P V Sindhu has been named the flag-bearer of the Indian contingent for the opening ceremony of the Commonwealth Games in Gold Coast next month.
- The opening ceremony will be held on April 4.
- Having won a silver medal at the Rio Olympics two years ago, the Hyderabad-based World No. Sindhu is one of the favourites to win the badminton women’s singles title in Gold Coast.
- In the last Commonwealth Games in Glasgow in 2014, Sindhu bagged a bronze in women’s singles.
Shooter Manu wins gold at Junior World Cup
Teenager Manu Bhaker nailed her second World Cup gold medal inside a month, winning the womens 10m Air Pistol title at the International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF) Junior World Cup.
- Just 20 days ago, the girl from Jhajjar, Haryana, created waves across the shooting world by winning the senior World Cup gold at the same 10m Air Pistol event in her senior team debut.