China scrapped two-term limit for Presidential rule
China has abolished the limit on how long its leader can serve, meaning President Xi could now rule the country indefinitely.
- The amendment overhauls a system introduced by former leader Deng Xiaoping in 1982, which was introduced with the aim of preventing a repeat of the bloody reign of Mao Zedong.
- Until now, presidents had been limited to two consecutive terms.
NCRB releases “Citizen Services” Mobile APP
National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB) celebrated its 33rd Inception Day, on March 11, 2018 in their newly constructed Complex at Mahipalpur, New Delhi and released “Citizen Services” Mobile APP.
- This single App is a bouquet of various essential police related services to the citizen.
- The App can be used by citizen for various services such as Complaint Registration & Status Check, View FIR Detail, SOS – Stay Safe, Locate Police Stations, Vahan-Samanvay, Emergency Contact List, Police Stations Telephone Directory etc.
The first ever Indo-French Knowledge Summit ends successfully
The first ever Indo-French Knowledge Summit ended successfully with a landmark agreement on mutual recognition of educational qualifications between the two countries and a record 15 other MoUs between universities and research institutions on joint initiatives and partnerships.
- The two-day summit was held in New Delhi and coincided with the state visit of French President Emmanuel Macron to India.
- The summit was organized by the French Embassy in India and co-hosted by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India.
PM Modi, French President inaugurate International Solar Alliance
Prime Minister Narendra Modi and French President Emmanuel Macron inaugurated the first International Solar Alliance (ISA) Summit on Sunday at the Rashtrapati Bhavan Cultural Centre.
- Both Macron and PM Modi addressed the plenary session of the Summit.
- PM Modi said that of the 121 countries which the ISA aims to cover, 61 have joined the alliance and 32 have ratified framework agreement.
- Besides the heads of 23 nations, 10 ministerial representatives of different countries attended the Summit.
Sanitary pad dispenser installed in Rajdhani Express
On the occasion of International Women’s Day, for the first time in the country a sanitary pad dispensing machine was installed in a coach of Mumbai-New Delhi Rajdhani Express.
- It has been installed on a trial basis and the move would be extended to other trains as well.
- The decision has been well received by the women passengers too.
Macron to inaugurate UP’s largest solar plant in Mirzapur
French President Emmanuel Macron will inaugurate Uttar Pradesh’s largest solar power plant, at Dadar Kala village in Mirzapur district, during his proposed visit on March 12.
- Tushar Malik, construction head of the company, said the solar power plant at Dadar Kala village is all set to generate 75 megawatt alternating current (AC) and 101 megawatt direct current (DC).
India B Beat Karnataka to lift Deodhar Trophy
India B lifted the Deodhar Trophy, courtesy a superlative batting effort as they comfortably beat Karnataka by six wickets in the summit clash.
- Karnataka scored a respectable 279 for 8 despite tottering at 64 for 4 at one stage.
- In reply, India B romped home in 48.2 overs with as many as four batsmen hitting half-centuries.
Points to Remember
- The Deodhar Trophy is a List A cricket competition in Indian domestic cricket.
- It is named after Prof. D. B. Deodhar, who known as the Grand Old Man of Indian cricket.