After 25 years, Manik Sarkar steps down as Tripura CM
Tripura Chief Minister Manik Sarkar tendered his resignation to Governor Tathagata Roy, who asked him to continue in office till the next Chief Minister takes over.
- The BJP-IPFT coalition has swept the polls, winning 43 of the 59 seats for which elections were held.
- The BJP secured 35 seats in the 60-member assembly while its ally IPFT, a tribal based party, has won eight seats.
National Safety Day: 4 March
National Safety Day is a Day which is used to make every people get safe from many issues such as Financial Loss, Health problems and also any types of problems in the life of the citizens.
- It is used to celebrate to become more secure from the activities which reflect and change the situation of the people in many ways evil as well as good ways.
- It is celebrated on the 4th March every year in India by the National Safety Council of India.
Odisha govt launches ‘Ama Gaon, Ama Vikas’ programme
The Odisha government has launched a programme Ama Gaon, Ama Vikas (Our Village, our development) to reach out to the people in rural areas and involve themselves in the developmental activities.
- Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik flagged off mobile video vans for ‘Ama Gaon Ama Vikas’ programme that will move across the State to highlight various welfare schemes at villages in the state.
- He said this initiative administration will help people in solving their grievances instantly.
Shooter Rizvi wins World Cup gold
Indian shooter Shahzar Rizvi created a new world record on his way to the gold medal in the men’s 10m air pistol event at the ISSF World Cup.
- Rizvi registered a world record score of 242.3 points in the final.
- The Indian beat reigning Olympic champion Christian Reitz of Germany, who had to settle for the silver.
- India’s Jitu Rai bagged the bronze with 219.