First Mega Food Park in Maharashtra at Satara Inaugurated
The first Mega Food Park in the state of Maharashtra, M/s Satara Mega Food Park Pvt. Ltd. at Village Degaon, District Satarawas inaugurated on 1stMarch, 2018 by Smt. Harsimrat Kaur Badal, Minister of Food Processing Industries in the presence of Shri Devendra Fadnavis, Chief Minister, of Maharashtra.
- This is the 12th Mega Food Park operationalized in the country so far and the 10th operationalized during the tenure of present government.
- Under the Scheme, Government of India provides financial assistance upto Rs. 50 Crore per Mega Food Park project.
List of MoUs signed during the Visit of the King of Jordan to India
- MoU on Defence Cooperation
- Visa waiver for diplomatic and official passport holders
- Cultural Exchange Programme (CEP)
- Manpower Cooperation Agreement
- MoU for cooperation in the field of Health and Medicine between India and Jordan
- MoU for setting up of the next generation Centre of Excellence (COE) in Jordan
- MoU for long term supply of Rock Phosphate and Fertilizer/NPK
- Customs Mutual Assistance Agreement
- Twining Agreement between Agra and Petra (Jordan)
- Cooperation between Indian Institute of Mass Communication (IIMC) and Jordan Media Institute (JMI)
- MoU between PrasarBharati and Jordan TV
- MoU between University of Jordan (UJ) and ICCR regarding setting up of a Hindi Chair at the University
Dr Bhamre inaugurates Annual Army Seminar 2017-18
Raksha Rajya Mantri Dr Subhash Bhamre inaugurated one-day Annual Army Seminar for 2017-18 on ‘Contribution of the Army Towards Nation Building’ at Manekshaw Centre New Delhi.
- Objective of the seminar is to highlight the contributions of the Indian Army towards Nation building and identify new spheres and areas for future participation.
Western Naval Command Concludes Exercise Paschim Leher (XPL-18)
The Western Naval Command of the Indian Navy concluded a large scale operational exercise in the Arabian Sea.
- The three week long exercise termed Exercise ‘Paschim Leher’ (XPL), tested the operational readiness of the Western Naval Command and the execution of it’s operational plans.
- Over 40 naval assets including the aircraft carrier INS Vikramaditya, frontline ships of the Western Fleet and Eastern Fleet (including the newly inducted Kolkata class), submarines, potent missile vessels of the 22nd Killer Squadron, Patrol vessels and craft of the Local Flotilla and Indian Coast Guard participated in the exercise.
Finance Minister Inaugurates GPF and EPPO Modules on 42nd Civil Accounts Day
The Union Minister of Finance and Corporate Affairs Shri Arun Jaitley said that there is a certain amount of sanctity which must remain attached to the Government Accounting System.
- Delivering the Inaugural Address at the 42nd Civil Accounts Day function in national capital, the Finance Minister said that while there are Government Departments that can function with a fairly high amount of accuracy, the Civil Accounts Department is one that cannot afford to err because a small error can lay a huge foot prints.
Delhi govt to set up State Sanskrit Education Council
The Delhi government has decided to set up its State Sanskrit Education Council to improve the state of formal education of the language in the national capital.
- Deputy chief minister Manish Sisodia has directed the education department to examine various representations received by the Delhi government pertaining to Sanskrit education in schools and colleges.
NHAI to deploy all women toll collecting staff on international Women’s Day
The National Highways Authority of India has decided to deploy all women toll collecting staff in day shift on at least one toll plaza close to the city area, in every state and UT of the country on 8th March 2018, International Women’s Day.
- If this initiative is successful, then it will be implemented across all toll plazas under operation by NHAI within the next 3 months.
- The Regional Officers have been instructed in this regard.
Vinay Kumar is envoy to Afghanistan
Senior diplomat Vinay Kumar has been appointed as India’s ambassador to strategically key Afghanistan, succeeding incumbent Manpreet Vohra.
- Mr. Kumar, a 1992 batch Indian Foreign Service officer, is currently serving as Joint Secretary (south) in the headquarters of the External Affairs Ministry.
- Mr. Kumar has served in various positions and has worked in India’s permanent mission to the United Nations in New York.