Parivartan scheme launched in Haryana
The Haryana government launched Parivartan, a scheme designed to address 10 issues, including cleanliness and pollution, in 46 developmental blocks of the state.
- The 10 issues include facilitation of financing, making agriculture profitable and sustainable, improving health services, implementing Swachh Bharat, decongesting market areas, engaging the youth, checking air pollution, ensuring availability of identity-related services, effective policing, and ensuring road order and conduct.
- The chief minister said that for each of the 10 fields, there are three to seven parameters on which the performance of the officers would be assessed.
Shri Anant Kumar Singh Inaugurates Five-Day Handicraft and Gifts Fair
Secretary Textiles, Shri Anant Kumar Singh inaugurated the 45th edition of IHGF-Delhi Fair at India Expo Centre & Mart, Greater Noida.
- Speaking on the occasion, he said handicrafts sector plays a significant role in the country’s economy and provides employment to a vast segment of craft-persons in rural and semi-urban areas and generates substantial foreign exchange for the country while preserving its cultural heritage.
- The Fair will remain open till 27th February, 2018.
The 2 day ‘RAS BANARAS SANSKRITI MAHOTSAV’- concludes in Varanasi
‘Ras Banaras – Swachhagrah – Bapu ko Kaaryaanjali’, a diversified cultural festival organized by the Ministry of Culture at Maan Mandir and Assi Ghat of Varanasi concluded successfully2.
- The festival witnessed folk dance and songs, food & shopping delights in full swing.
- The event appealingly connected country’s youth to various facets of the country’s rich and vibrant culture alongside giving a message of cleanliness to the people of Varansi.
‘Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav’ under ‘Ek Bharat Shrestha Bharat’ begins in Madhya Pradesh
To celebrate the idea of unity in diversity, Ministry of Culture is organising a Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav under the Ek Bharat Shrestha Bharat matrix in Madhya Pradesh beginning February 24 for a duration of 7 days.
- The States paired with Madhya Pradesh are Nagaland and Manipur.
- The Mahotsav will cover a profusion of art forms from classical and folk music and dance, theatre to literature and the visual arts and would offer the chance to experience the best in established and emerging virtuosity.
Guwahati organises tribal festival ‘Aadi Mahotsava’
Assam has organised a tribal festival called ‘Aadi Mahotsava’ at Gandhi Mandir Indoor stadium field in Guwahati to celebrate the ethnic tribal culture of the country.
- The 10-day festival is being conducted by the Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India in collaboration with the Ministry of Tribal Affairs in an attempt to celebrate the rare art and culture of the tribal communities.
- The Chief Minister of Assam, Sarbananda Sonowal inaugurated the event.
Assam to observe ‘Rhino Day’ on September 22
The Assam government will be observing September 22 as ‘Rhino Day’ to generate public awareness on protection of the one-horned pachyderm, Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal has said.
- A State Rhino Project in line with National Rhino Project will be launched in Assam soon for protecting the pachyderms from threats of poaching, he said.