PM Narendra Modi lays foundation stone of Navi Mumbai International Airport
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has laid the foundation stone of the New Mumbai International Airport.
- He performed the Bhumi Poojan ceremony for the upcoming airport.
- The prime minister highlighted the importance of transportation in the faster growth of the economy. He said that to keep with globalisation it is important to get top quality infrastructure.
- On Sagarmala project, he said it will help in ushering in port-led development.
PM Narendra Modi opens Rs 7,900-crore fourth terminal at JNPT
Prime Minister Narendra Modi dedicated the first phase of the Rs 7,900-crore 4th terminal project of the JNPT to the nation, which will raise the cargo handling capacity of the nation’s largest container port by 50 per cent.
- The fourth terminal project seeks to double JNPT’s capacity to nearly 10 million standard container units and will make it the 33rd biggest port globally.
- The nation’s largest port JNPT has a capacity of 4.8 million standard container units capacity now. On completion of the second phase by 2022, total capacity will go up to almost 10 million.
MP govt to host Khajuraho Dance Festival
Myriad forms of classical dance in India will be on dispaly at a festival beginning in Khajuraho from February 20.
- The week-long Khajuraho Dance Festival at the temple town in Chhatarpur district is being organised by the culture department of the Madhya Pradesh government.
- The February 20-26 festival will showcase classical dances including Kathak, Odissi, Bharatnatyam, Kuchipudi, Kathakali and Mohiniattam.
Magnetic Maharashtra investors summit inaugurated
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has inaugurated the Global Investors’ Summit at “Magnetic Maharashtra: Convergence 2018 at the MMRDA grounds at Mumbai’s Bandra Kurla Complex.
- This summit is Maharashtra’s first Global Investors Summit and is said to be on the lines of Make In India initiative by PM Modi.
- PM will next inaugurate the Wadhwani Institute for Artifical Intelligence at the University of Mumbai.
Goa Government Launches Motorcycle Ambulance Service
The Goa government has launched a motorcycle ambulance service to provide quick medical help to patients in need in the coastal state.
- Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar unveiled a batch of 20 two-wheeler ambulances which would be deputed in high risk areas like the coastal belt.
- These motorbikes will be equipped with medical facilities, including oxygen cylinders.
Roger Federer beats Grigor Dimitrov to win Rotterdam Open title
Roger Federer marked his impending return to the top of the world rankings by sweeping aside second seed Grigor Dimitrov in the Rotterdam Open final.
- The 20-time Grand Slam champion beat world number five Dimitrov 6-2-6-2 comfortably in 55 minutes for his 97th title.
Manavaditya Rathore wins silver shotgun meet
The promising Manavaditya Singh Rathore has won a silver medal in the Qatar Open Shotgun meet in Lusail, Qatar.
- Participating in the junior men’s trap event, Manavaditya shot 118 to finish second on the podium behind Italy’s Angelo Scalzone, who shot 119.
- Germany’s Jeremy Schulz won the bronze medal with a score of 115.