Ethiopia’s Prime Minister submits resignation after protests
Ethiopian Prime Minister Hailemariam Desalegn announced that he has submitted a resignation letter after the worst anti-government protests in a quarter-century.
- Ethiopia has been rocked by months of protests demanding wider freedoms that have left hundreds dead and tens of thousands detained.
- The protests have disrupted life and business in one of Africa’s fastest-growing economies.
India’s 1st radio festival to be held in Delhi
India’s first radio festival was held in Delhi on February 15, 2018.
- The festival was organised by the International of Women in Radio and Television, in collaboration with UNESCO.
- The radio festival was held to mark World Radio Day 2018, which was on February 13.
Mumbai to host TiE Global Summit
The TiE Global Summit (TGS) will be held in Mumbai on February 21 and 22.
- Helmed by TiE Mumbai, the second edition of the summit will have over 2000 participants, including successful entrepreneurs, industry leaders, leading investors, senior corporate professionals and academia in attendance at the J W Marriott Sahar.
- The summit is being held in association with leading government agencies and over 20 TiE chapters across India, USA, Canada, Singapore, Hong Kong, Australia and Dubai,with the aim of setting the tone for the next wave of business and innovation.
Prime Minister to inaugurate World Sustainable Development Summit 2018
The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, will inaugurate the 2018 edition of the World Sustainable Development Summit (WSDS 2018) at VigyanBhawan in the capital on 16thFebruary.
- WSDS is the flagship forum of The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI) and seeks to bring together on a common platform, global leaders and thinkers in the fields of sustainable development, energy and environment sectors.
- The theme of the Summit this year is ‘Partnerships for a Resilient Planet’.
- WSDS 2018 seeks to create action frameworks to resolve some of the most urgent challenges facing developing economies in the backdrop of climate change.