List of MoUs signed on the occasion of the visit of PM to Oman
Agreement on Legal and Judicial Cooperation in Civil and Commercial matter
- Agreement on mutual visa exemption for holders of diplomatic, Special, service and official passports
- MoU on Cooperation in the field of health
- MoU on Cooperation in the peaceful uses of outer space.
- MoU on Cooperation between Foreign Service Institute, Ministry of External Affairs, India and Oman Diplomatic Institute.
- MoU on Academic and Scholarly cooperation sectors between National Defence College Sultanate of Oman and the Institute for Defence Studies and the Analyses.
- MoU in the field of Tourism cooperation between India and Oman.
- Annexure to the MoU on Military Cooperation.
National Productivity Day and Week
The National Productivity Council is observing National Productivity Day on February 12, and National Productivity Week till 18th February.
- It is the 60th Anniversary of the National Productivity Council and is being celebrated as Diamond Jubilee Year.
- “Industry 4.0 Leapfrog Opportunity for India ” has been selected as the theme for the National Productivity Week -2018.
India Among Top Ten Nations in the World in Terms of Forest Area
Strongly emphasising the increasingly green credentials of the country, Union Minister for Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Dr. Harsh Vardhan has said that India has shown an increasing trend in the forest and tree cover, in comparison to the global trend of decreasing forest cover during the last decade.
- Releasing the India State of Forest Report (ISFR) 2017, Dr. Harsh Vardhan pointed out that India ranks among the top ten countries of the world in terms of forest area, despite the fact that none of the other 9 countries has a population density of more than 150 persons per sq km, compared to India, which has a population density of 382 persons per sq km.
- “India is ranked 10th in the world, with 24.4% of land area under forest and tree cover, even though it accounts for 2.4 % of the world surface area and sustains the needs of 17 % of human and 18 % livestock population”, the Minister said.
- Dr. Harsh Vardhan added that as per the latest FAO report, India is placed 8th in the list of Top Ten nations reporting the greatest annual net gain in forest area.
4th Meeting of economic advisory council to the Prime Minister
The 4th meeting of the Economic Advisory Council to the Prime Minister (EAC-PM) was held on 12th February 2018 under the chairmanship of Dr Bibek Debroy, Chairman, EAC-PM & Member, NITI Aayog.
- Keeping in view the National Health Scheme announced by the Government in the Budget for the year 2018-19 presented in the Parliament on 1st February 2018, EAC-PM discussed the possible modalities of implementing the scheme.
- Dr Shamika Ravi, Part-Time Member of the EAC-PM made a presentation on “Health Reforms”.
- Another Part-Time Member of the EAC-PM, Dr Ashima Goyal made presentation on the draft “The Indian Fiscal – Monetary Framework: Dominance or Coordination?”. Ms Poonam Gupta, Lead Economist – India, World Bank made a presentation on “World Bank Report on Indian Economy”.