- Located above the equator
- Tropical nation in the Indian Ocean composed of 26 ring-shaped atolls
- made up of more than 1,000 coral islands.
- Has Beaches, blue lagoons, reefs
- Currency: Maldivian rufiyaa.
Why in news? – Communal riots in the city
Kasganj- City In Utaar Pradesh
Ease of doing Business sub indices
WIN?:- India Has poor reputation in enforcing contracts
A nation’s ranking in the ease of doing business is based on the average of 10 sub indices
- Starting a Business
- Dealing with construction Permits
- Getting Electricity Connections
- Registering Property
- Getting Credit
- Protecting Minority Investors
- Paying Taxes
- Trading across Borders
- Enforcing Contracts
- Resolving Insolvency
Long Term Capital Gains(LTCG) Tax
Why In News:
Finance Minister Arun Jaitley, in his Union Budget speech, re-introduced LTCG tax on stocks
- It is the tax paid on profit generated by an asset such as real estate, shares or share-oriented products held for a particular time-frame.
- The definition of Long-term Capital Gains, or LTCG, is different for various products.
- LTCG was scrapped in 2004-2005, but it has been reintroduced in present budget (2018-19)
- Investors will have to pay 10 per cent tax on profit exceeding Rs 1 lakh made from the sale of shares or equity mutual fund schemes held for over one year.
- Till now, LTCG was exempt from tax.
- The definition of a long-term investor in stocks for tax purposes is one year.
Literacy Rate Of Differently Abled
Lowest :Arunachal Pradesh
National Health Protection Scheme(NHPS)
- Flagship programme under Ayushman Bharat.
- cover over 10 crore poor and vulnerable families (approximately 50 crore beneficiaries) providing coverage upto 5 lakh rupees per family per year for secondary and tertiary care hospitalization.
- world’s largest government funded health care programme.
- Does not cover out patient care, remains disconnected from primary care
- Precursor Of NHPS- Rashtriya Swasthya Bhima Yojna ( Provided cover upto 30,000 rs usually for secondary care)
Fixed Drug Combinations(FDC)
- A combination drug is a fixed-dose combination(FDC) that includes two or more active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs) combined in a single dosage form, which is manufactured and distributed in fixed doses.
- The term ‘Atal Doctrine’ refers to Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s doctrine to defuse tensions with Pakistan through the process of reconciliation.
Election Commission of India
- Established under article 324 of the Indian constitution
- Constitutional Body
- “NO VOTER TO BE LEFT BEHIND” – Initiative if ECI to optimise th enrolment of voters
- 2018 theme of ECI: Accessible elections
- International Conference on ‘inclusion of persons with disabilities’ hosted by ECI.
States start up Ranking 2018
- States Startup Ranking framework launched by Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion is an exercise aimed at ranking States for establishing a robust ecosystem for supporting Startups.
- The framework will evaluate States on parameters such as
- Startup policy and implementation
- Incubation support
- Seed funding support
- Angel and venture funding support
- Simplified regulations
- Easing public procurement
- Awareness and outreach.