TO READ PIB LINKS:
- http://pib.nic.in/newsite/PrintRelease.aspx?relid=173170 – RRM Inaugrurates Seminar on Challenges in Construction of Highway Tunnels in Himalayan Region [Paper – 3]
- http://pib.nic.in/newsite/PrintRelease.aspx?relid=173179 – India is committed to partner Bhutan in its socio-economic development: Vice President
Calls on the King of Bhutan [Paper – 2]
- http://pib.nic.in/newsite/PrintRelease.aspx?relid=173172 – India set to become third-largest aviation market in the world: Vice President
Inaugurates 2nd Aero Expo India 2017 [Paper – 3]
Paper 3: Infrastructure
All 4 wheel Motor Vehicles sold after 1st December 2017 to be fitted with FASTags
- The Ministry of Road Transport & Highways has issued a Gazette Notification today according to which all four wheel motor vehicles sold on or after 1st December 2017 will have FASTags fitted on them by the manufacturer of the vehicle or its authorized dealer, as the case may be.
- In case of vehicles that are sold as drive away chassis without wind screen, FASTag will have to be fitted by the vehicle owner before it is registered. Necessary amendments have been made to the relevant sections of the Central Motor Vehicles Rules, 1989 in this regard.
- FASTag: It is an electronic toll collection system in India, operated by the National Highway Authority of India. It employs Radio Frequency Identification technology for making toll payments directly from the prepaid or savings account linked to it.
Paper 2: Soft Power and IR
Paper 3 : Food Processing Industry and Economy
PM to inaugurate World Food India 2017
India gears up to welcome Global Food Titans
- The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, will inaugurate World Food India 2017 on 3rd November 2017 from Vigyan Bhavan New Delhi. WFI is the most anticipated international mega food event, as India welcomes to host biggest ever congregation of global investors and business leaders of major food companies from 3-5 November in New Delhi.
- Organized by Ministry of Food Processing Industries under leadership of Union Minister Smt Harsimrat Kaur Badal, World Food India aims to transform Food Economy and realize the vision of doubling of famers’ income by establishing India as a preferred investment destination and sourcing hub for the global food processing industry.
- This is the first time that India is hosting such an event for the Food processing sector.
- World Food India platform will strengthen India’s position as a Global Food Factory and is a positive step towards making the Country Food Secure.
- India is expected to attract an investment of US$ 10 billion in food processing sector and generate 1 million jobs in the next 3 years.
- World Food India 2017 gears up to host over 2,000 participants, over 200 companies from 30 countries, 18 ministerial and business delegations, nearly 50 global CEOs along with CEOs of all leading domestic food processing companies, and representatives of 28 States in India.
- Germany, Japan and Denmark are Partner Countries to World Food India.
- Italy & Netherlands are the Focus Countries. Specially curated experiential platform ‘Food Street’ specially curated by Chef Sanjeev Kapoor, is a lively vibrant zone, that will showcase Indian and foreign cuisines using Indian ingredients, flavours and fragrances to celebrate India’s rich cultural heritage, the diverse uniqueness of its produce to create contemporary renditions and fusion food.
- After the inauguration from Vigyan Bhavan, the Prime Minister will visit the Food Street at India Gate Lawns opposite National stadium.
Paper 3: Agriculture, Paper 2: Schemes
Nitin Gadkari reviews PMKSY Project of Andhra Pradesh, Odisha and Karnataka
- Union Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation Minister Shri Nitin Gadkari reviewed the progress of Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana (PMKSY) Projects in the States of Andhra Pradesh, Odisha and Karnataka at a high level meeting in New Delhi yesterday.
- Expressing satisfaction over the progress of various PMKSY projects in these States Shri Gadkari asked the officials to implement the pending projects as per the time line without any delay.
- Har Khet ko Pani “Prime Minister Krishi Sinchayee Yojana”.
- Government of India is committed to accord high priority to water conservation and its management.
- To this effect Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana (PMKSY) has been formulated with the vision of extending the coverage of irrigation ‘Har Khet ko pani’ and improving water use efficiency ‘More crop per drop’ in a focused manner with end to end solution on source creation, distribution, management, field application and extension activities.
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs chaired by Hon’ble Prime Minister has accorded approval of Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana (PMKSY) in its meeting held on 1st July, 2015.
Paper3: Defence related S & Tech
PAN Indian Army Release of Integrated Quarter Master Package (IQMP) Software Application
Integrated Quarter Master Package (IQMP) software application was formally released to the Indian Army by the Vice Chief of Army Staff Lt Gen Sarath Chand in an event organised at South Block on 02 Nov 2017.
- IQMP is web based software developed by Army Software Development Centre in association with M/s TCS Ltd. The application automates various logistics related functions of an Army Unit. The application will replace numerous legacy applications such as ‘Vastra’ and ‘Quarter Master Package’.
- The package comprises thirteen modules to automate all the logistics functions at unit level.
- The application can be dynamically configured to meet the specific requirements of various types of Army units and is capable of sharing information and data with other software applications in the domain of logistics management.
- The software has been developed with the aim of bringing speed, accuracy and transparency in handing logistics aspects in the unit. It will help in effective logistics management and decision making, thereby assisting Army units to be battle ready all the time.
- It will also play an important role in achieving automation of Indian Army and prove to be a significant milestone towards ‘Digital Army’ in consonance with the ‘Digital India initiative’ of the government.
Indo – Kazakhstan Joint Exercise “PRABAL DOSTYK 2017” Begins
- A fourteen day joint training exercise “PRABAL DOSTYK – 2017” between the Indian Army and the Kazakhstan Army commenced today with the Opening Ceremony at Bakloh, Himachal Pradesh.
- The joint exercise is aimed at enhancing the military ties between the two countries as also at achieving interoperability between the two armies.
- The training contingents comprise of platoon strength from the 11th Gorkha Rifles of the Indian Army and a similar strength of the Kazakhstan Army.
Prime Minister has advocated a seven-point strategy to double the farmers’ income by 2022.
Union Agriculture Minister, Shri Radha Mohan Singh today said that the Prime Minister has set a target before us to double the farmers’ income by 2022. The Ministry is working towards achieving the goal. And to achieve this target,
- Special focus on irrigation with sufficient budget, with the aim of “Per Drop More Crop”.
- Provision of quality seeds and nutrients based on soil health of each field.
- Large investments in Warehousing and Cold Chains to prevent post-harvest crop losses.
- Promotion of value addition through food processing.
- Creation of a National Farm Market, removing distortions and e-platform across 585 Stations.
- Introduction of a New Crop Insurance Scheme to mitigate risks at an affordable cost.
- Promotion of ancillary activities like poultry, beekeeping, and fisheries